Martin Lokander has devoted much time to other exciting projects in chess over the last year. He is coach, He becomes a TV commentator during Rilton Cup and he has recently come out with a chess book “The open games for black”.
His facebook update when the book was released “I have always wanted to write a book, so I wrote a book”, says a lot about Lokanders goal-oriented personality.
– I need a final IM norm, but I'm probably just as frustrated with my declining rating last six months.
How would you say that your chess form is right now?
– Not optimal right now, but trying to play me in the form. I switch between successes in Sweden with disastrous results in Europe.
You have many other projects in chess. You came out with a book recently . Tell me more about the book!
– It's pretty simple. I have always wanted to write a book, since I was 4-5 years of age. Now that I've taken a year off from school and is in the process of with chess full time it seemed pretty reasonable to write a book. Now it feels anyway like I accomplished something during my year off from school.
What did you know about Hallsberg’s tournaments which is model of Stockholm Chess Challenge?
– Nothing. I knew about them, and that they had closed their doors. Sometimes when I go regional train it stops at Hallsberg. It is not that far away from Stockholm.
What is your goal in SCC?
– Well… no idea. To play good chess, and hopefully perform better than expected. Have not really seen the line-up yet so it is difficult to say.